Sunday, April 6, 2014

Gratitude

Spring is here! (Technically)
We are so grateful for the warmER weather finally arriving. What a difference the sunshine makes in my life! The energy, the use of sunglasses, happy doggie walks, staying up later...so many positives. Not to mention the promise of new life - gone are the days of the dead, cold winter, I'm welcoming the Spring! It's hard for me to believe it's already April. You know it's bad when I find myself writing the date starting with "2"... February has been over for awhile!  It just reminds me I need to work on being thankful for every day God gives me and appreciate the daily blessings I'm given. It is too easy for me to just let the days pass by without giving thanksgiving to my awesome Creator.

This past Saturday, our adoption t-shirt fundraiser finished. The fundraiser was a major success! Praise God! We sold a total of 78 t-shirts, raising over $1,700!! Austin and I are so overwhelmed with gratitude to everyone who participated. It was a super humbling experience to reach out to the community and ask others to take part and help us in our personal adoption journey. I know every one has their own, for lack of a better term, "stuff" going on and for people to sacrifice their time, money and resources to care & help US and be a part of our adoption is so selfless and beautiful. I can't explain how grateful we are for those who have already supported us. God is faithful. I over-think and over-analyze everything and through this process already I am reassured at every turn that God is faithful and is working through so many people near and far from us. THANK-YOU from the bottom of our hearts!

We have submitted all of our paperwork, and our awesome references have already sent in their reference forms! Austin & I have also gone to the Dr. and have both been given a clean bill of health. All great things! Now we are waiting on clearances from both MI and IL - just to prove we have no outstanding warrants or any criminal activity pending in the two states we have lived in. Usually it takes a couple of weeks, it has already been one week so hopefully soon! After Bethany Christian Services receives the clearances our lovely social worker will be scheduling home visits. This process was quite busy at the beginning, but we know the "waiting time" is coming. We are praying we won't view the time until we receive a referral as "waiting" but rather just enjoying the time of being a family of two, learning all we can about a country we now find so dear (South Africa), and striving to walk closer to our Heavenly Father. (Easier said than done we realize-hence the major prayer needed!!)

In His love,

Meg & Austin




No comments:

Post a Comment